The great thing about Amazon Kindle is that the company listens to readers and creates features that actually benefit readers.
One of these features is the Kindle Page Turner. This page turner is a remote control that is attached to the side of any e-reader or e-note. It is used to turn the pages with a click of a button.
In this article, you’ll learn more about the page turner for Kindle.
The Kindle page turner
The page turner is a remote control feature that comes with your Kindle e-reader. This device works alongside other brands, like tablets, and any other device with a capacitive screen.
Here’s what it looks like:
This device allows you to attach a clip to the device that touches the screen and use the remote to turn pages.
Pros of the page turner for Kindle devices
Here are some reasons why you should get the Kindle page turner:
- It’s easy to set up
- It’s easy/fun to use
- It has a strong battery life
- It doesn’t distract or disturb the paperwhite screen
- The page turner functions as an adaptive tool for users who may need extra help clicking the screen
- Remote goes to sleep after 5-8 minutes of use. This, however, is not a problem for avid readers
- The screen clip fits perfectly on the paperwhite screen
Cons of the page turner for Kindle devices
On the flip side, the page has some disadvantages. Here are some of them:
- The screen clip is bulky
- The wrist lanyard is difficult to attach to the remote
- The remote goes to sleep after 5-8 minutes of use, which can be frustrating for slow readers
- The screen clip might not fit well on the iPad screen
- The screen clip doesn’t also fit well on an iPad with a case (this varies based on your case)
- You can only use the screen placements approved by the company, no matter the device you are reading on
Related read: Kindle 8GB vs 32GB: How many books can it hold?
Should you buy the page turner?
Overall, the Kindle page turner remote control is a cool Kindle/e-reading upgrade that will benefit readers that don’t like gesturing or swiping on the touchscreen.
It serves as a great presentation and helps you show people your book. This gadget also works with digital note-taking devices.
If you are deciding on whether to buy the page turner remote control device to use with your iPad or tablets, bear in mind that if you put a case, the screen clip might not fit in perfectly. The clip will block a word or two depending on the type of page layout displayed on your tablet/iPad.
Choosing to use the page turner for Kindle
The pros and cons listed above should help you decide whether you should buy the page turner or not. If you’re still not sure, think about whether you’re happy with manually turning your e-reader yourself or if you’d need some extra help.