The Amazon Kindle is a software full of features that adequately meet the needs of users. One of these is its ability to play bible studies.
Christians can use the Kindle as their primary device for reading the Bible as it’s lightweight and portable. This makes it an ideal choice for people who study the book daily. Besides reading the Bible, the Kindle can also be used to take notes and highlight passages.
In this article, we’ll discuss some reasons why the Kindle device is a great choice for Bible reading.
What is a Bible?
When you take a bit of review of time past, you will discover that the Bible has existed for over 2000-3000 years. The Bible was written by various authors and has so far been translated into several languages. The Bible was written by men with the inspiration of God.
The writings of the Bible were created in geographical, historical, and cultural settings in the past. This Bible is like a biography to teach the new generation to change their ways.
Overview of the Bible
The Bible also helps people:
- Learn to interpret laws and commandments.
- Read apocalyptic and prophetic genres of literature that is not accepted by all.
- Identify and understand moral lessons in the scripture.
- Know the connection between the old and the new testament.
The Bible on Kindle devices
Kindle Bible is a collection of books that functions and looks like an eBook. This version of the ebook has the search capability and a new improved version of the navigation.
In the Kindle device, you can:
- Read text continuously
- Highlight verses of your interest
- Take notes and make use of the search bar
- Make a display of your recent reference
- Quickly navigate chapters and verses.
When using the kindle bible, you don’t need to start thinking of the last page/chapter you visited.
Related Read: How to Remove Ads and Special Offers from Kindle Devices
Features of the Kindle Bible
Finding the Bible to use in an eBook format can be very slow and stressful. The Kindle Bible presents books written on a simple page, giving you an intuitive and graphical method to turn to the next page or read any chapter.
Note: On the screen where the chapter and verses are shown, you can start selecting books, chapters, and verses, by selecting “GO”, which is there by default.
You can also use the search bar at the button of the screen to navigate scriptural references by putting in the reference in full or abbreviated form.
The search bar can also be used to search for single words, phrases, or combinations of different words, using simple, yet powerful keywords.
Using the Kindle Bible depends on the model or version of the Kindle device you are using. The Kindle Bible is available on:
- Kindle DX
- Kindle Touch
- 2nd generation Kindle
- Kindle Keyboard
- Kindle Paperwhite
Using the Kindle Bible on Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Touch is much easier to operate. On these devices, you can have an entire Bible in the palm of your hand.
Related Read: Kindle Page Turner: Should You Get It or Not?
Merits of using the Kindle Bible
- Library in the pocket – You don’t need to carry a big bag to read your bible. All you need is your Kindle device in your pocket.
- A lot of books are free or discounted – The books sold on Amazon can be gotten at cheap prices. Some books have discounted prices, while others are free to use. The cost of a paperback Bible is nearly 3x the price of a Kindle Bible.
- Expanded file format – The format and capabilities of the Bible in your kindle device is determined by the versions and models used by users. You can always get notified of the latest updates, so you’ll know more about the formats available for your Kindle device.
- Use kindle on your iOS – If you don’t have a Kindle device yet or you don’t want to purchase one, you can use your iPhone. The Amazon Kindle device has given access to iPhone users to use the Kindle device directly on their phone.
- More options for Kindle books – In a situation where you don’t have a Kindle device or an iPhone, you can also get access to Kindle eBooks through apps on your PC and Mac computers. Just sign up to gain access.
Read the Bible (and other books) on your Kindle device
Getting the Kindle device for Bible study doesn’t mean you shouldn’t check out other eBooks on the Kindle store. You can also try reading manga, romance novels, mystery thrillers, and other genres on the app.