A yardage book is a handbook used by golfers that contains illustrations, pictures, or diagrams of each hole on a golf course. These booklets are designed to fit right into your back pocket.
A yardage book provides more information than an average scorecard. It gives a golfer or caddie the distance, usually measured in yards/meters, from Point A (where the ball is or most likely will be) to Point B (where you want it to end up). This helps the golfer determine what club to hit to accomplish this goal.
What information does a yardage book include?
A yardage book is a simple handbook that provides necessary information in a detailed form. You’d usually find the following in a yardage book:
- Overhead view of the current hole
- Outlines of tee boxes, fairways, hazards, rough, bunkers, and green complexes
- Landmarks or significant areas of the course that never change, such as trees, rocks, yardage markers, structures, etc
How are Yardage Books used today?
These days, yardage books contain more information other than yardages from Point A to Point B; they also include detailed information about topographical features, slopes, suggested putting lines, and distances to the significant parts of a hole.
Yardage books are essential for every professional golfer to help them determine their club or line for the next shot. Also, the game of golf is an expensive one, so there’s a lot of money at stake with every swing.
Best Golf Yardage Books
Below is a list of the best golf yardage books:
- Emblemedia Golf Yardage Book (4 Pack) PGA Template 2019 USGA Conforming
- Rules: USGA Conforming Size 6.5 in X 4 in
- Rules: USGA Conforming Putting Green Grid >3/8 in 5 Yard Increments
- Colors: Come in four differnet colors for easy catalog of different golf courses. This golf yardage book fits perfectly in yardage book holders
- For the Golfer Looking to lower their scores: A must have golf bag accesorry used in tournaments or as a golf log book to track your golf statistics. Also makes a great golf gift
The first golf yardage book on the list is the four-pack from Emblemedia. This model is fully packed with everything you need from a yardage book, plus it comes at competitive prices, which makes it highly sought after by even professional golfers. Below are some of the features that make up this book
- PGA Tour Template
- USGA Conforming
- How To Create A Yardage Book Leaflet Included
- Assorted Colors
- Rite in the Rain All-Weather Golf Notebook
- WEATHERPROOF PAPER: 48 pages / 24 sheets per Golf notepad. All-Weather paper won’t turn to mush when wet and repels water, sweat, and survives the accidental laundry mishap.
- YARDAGE SECTION: Tracks average distances with each club in your arsenal.
- SCORE SECTION: Accounts for advanced stats to drive your game forward.
- NOTE SECTION: Notes for every hole – next round, you’ll be ready for that sneaky bunker on sixteen.
- COVER MATERIAL: Field Flex is Rite in the Rain most flexible cover material. Mud and water run right off, protecting your field notes in adverse weather conditions.
The second book on the list is the Rite in The Rain All Weather Golf Notebook. This model is for passionate golfers who get on the course and choose not to be bothered about the weather.
This yardage book is waterproof, so you can get on the course even when it’s raining without finding a case or cover. Below are the features that make up this book.
- 48 Pages Of All-Weather paper
- Club Range Data Pages And Scorekeeping Pages
- Note Section – Hole By Hole
- USGA Conforming Size
- Go To Caddie DIY Yardage Book Stencil
This go-to Caddie DIY yardage book is the next on the list. The best part of this model is that it has a stencil set to aid with your drawings. This will ensure you get an accurate representation of what your course looks like. Below are its features:
- Stencil Set
- Score Keeping Note Box
- Five yardage books
- Golf Scorecard and Statistics Notebook Weatherproof (2 Pack)
- Quality: Printed on Rite in the Rain Paper: Golf log book and golf journal that fits perfectly in golf scorecard holders. A perfect golf gift for men and women
- Pages: Enough Pages for 19 rounds of golf made with Rite In The Rain paper, golf notebook fits perfectly in golf scorecard holders or your back pocket
- Statistics: Plenty of room for all of the standard golf statistics. Use as a golf log book or golf journal. Extra boxes for custom stat tracking
- Yardage Tracker: Back cover includes a detailed grid for golf club distance tracking and different columns for different weather conditions or air temperatures. Having golf bag accessory like a club yardage tracker will improve your golf game
- Rules: Conforms to current USGA rules standards
This set of golf scorecards and statistical notebooks is another option for golfers needing a set of durable golf scorecards. Below are some of its features:
- Printed On Waterproof Paper
- Club Yardage Guide
- Statistic Keeping Section
- 19 Rounds Per Book
Suppose you’re wondering whether a yardage book can improve your game, yes! Golf yardage books also help to improve your accuracy in club ranges. We hope you enjoyed this guide to the best yardage book!